Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Saturday, April 20, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  SHANGHAI TRAVEL GUIDE: THINGS TO DO IN 24 HOURS

phpMyEdit General     SHANGHAI TRAVEL GUIDE: THINGS TO DO IN 24 HOURS

upamfva     Joined: 05 May 2021   Posts: 918  
Post Posted: 2021-11-11 05:34
Back to top  Reply with quote     

SHANGHAI TRAVEL GUIDE: THINGS TO DO IN 24 HOURS

This summer I traveled to China on a business trip. I only stayed in Shanghai and had one full day (and one morning) to explore the city. One day in Shanghai was definitely not enough. I mean, it is the biggest city in China after all! Even if Shanghai is often overshadowed by the more cultural Beijing, it definitely has a lot to offer. I would recommend you to spend at least a few days in Shanghai but if like me, you only have one day, this article will help you maximize your time and craft the perfect 24h in this magical city!To get more news about China travel advice , you can visit shine news official website.

For the morning, I offer you two choices; visiting the Longhua temple or Century Park. This choice depends on your preference of course but also on where your hotel is located. My hotel was right in front of Century Park, which is why I included it here.

This Park is not that popular among tourists but it is the biggest one in Shanghai and in a way reminded me of a Chinese Central Park. It is an oasis of tranquility and the ideal place to find peace in this busy urban city. It will take probably all morning to visit it all but it is possible to stroll around in a few hours or less. Century Park ended up being one of my favorite places in Shanghai!

This Buddhist temple is known for being the largest, most beautiful, and authentic ancient temple complex in the city. This temple is not in central Shanghai, but it is really easily accessible by the metro. A little history fact for you; during the Second Sino-Japanese War, the pagoda located in the temple was used by the Japanese as a flak cannon tower. Even if the famous pagoda is no longer open to the public, the rest of the temple complex is open every day from 7 AM – 4:30 PM. If you want to experience the charm of an old Chinese temple without the modern impact of today’s world, this place is for you!

Literally translated as the Temple of Peace and Tranquility (静安寺), the Jing’an Temple is located in the downtown area of Shanghai. What is striking about this temple is the contrast between old and new: it is surrounded by skyscrapers! Important displays in this temple are the bronze bell which was made in the Ming Dynasty and the biggest pure jade portrait of Sakyamuni in Mainland China. Note that the temple was burnt down in 1972 and was fully reconstructed.

The Old City refers to the area inside the ancient walled town of Shanghai. Even if the ancient city slowly transformed over time, the atmosphere is still everything you expect about an old Chinese city to be like. It is definitely one of the most picturesque areas and the best place to go to experience the city history and culture and get a feel for Shanghai’s past. The biggest advantage is that the area is just a few blocks in size, meaning that you can walk around everywhere among the traditional Chinese buildings, temples, markets and tea houses.

This garden is considered one of the most beautiful Chinese gardens in the country. It was first built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty by a government officer named Pan Yunduan who finished it in 1577. “Yu” (豫) means happy and comfortable, and this garden was specially built for Pan’s dad as a place for him to relax in his old age. How sweet is that?

Just outside the entrance of the Yu Garden, you can find a man-made lake, where the Huxinting teahouse, one of the oldest and most famous teahouses in Shanghai, is located. To get there, there is a bridge which is constructed with a zig-zag style. According to traditional Chinese beliefs, the hard angles keep the evil spirits from getting into the teahouse as they are believed not to be able to turn corners!

The City God Temple is the largest and most impressive temple complex in the Old City. It commemorates Shanghai’s municipal status and is the site of the worship of three Chinese figures honored as gods of the city.

The Chenxiang Ge Temple is a small but pretty temple located next to the Yu Garden. It is famous for its statue of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion in China.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy