Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Friday, April 19, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  Chainless Honbike is Futuristic Look at Ebike Design

phpMyEdit General     Chainless Honbike is Futuristic Look at Ebike Design

upamfva     Joined: 05 May 2021   Posts: 918  
Post Posted: 2022-07-15 13:05
Back to top  Reply with quote     

Chainless Honbike is Futuristic Look at Ebike Design

'Different' is a pretty good word to describe the Honbike. It gets you around with no chain and does it with only 57 parts compared to the 250 on a normal ebike. When it comes to ebike design it's hard to be more minimalistic than that.To get more news about tektro aries , you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

They sent me the white version for review recently but it also comes in red or black. I like the way they laid out the graphics and paint job by having the rear wheel be a different color.To get more news about sr suntour sp12 ncx seatpost , you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.
Its also the first ebike that i ever had to install a hubcap on and I like that idea for ebikes with mag wheels like the Honbike.Make no mistake, if you buy this ebike you are probably buying it because its unique in the market. Nothing else looks like this ebike. Most of the parts on it are not typical bike parts, save for maybe the pedals and brakes. Everything from the seat design to the diamond shaped handlebars to the shaft drive is out of the box thinking.To get more news about rear bike bag , you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

This does limit you to a single speed drivetrain however. But It makes owning an ebike a much easier proposition for certain riders who don't want to deal with a greasy chain.

It feels like a very safe ebike and glides seamlessly on my local streets. The Honbike has some interesting technology on board to help.I have to say its one of the most ergonomically designed ebikes I have ridden to date, the reach is short and you have a nice upright seating position.

Did I mention it folds? Yep just like ebikes such as the Lectric XP, the handlebars fold down, the pedals fold up and the frame folds in half to make a very small bike that fits almost anywhere. And it's easy to carry because it weighs only 45 pounds.

But the Honbike does have its drawbacks. It does not climb hills well despite touting its hill tech assist. It's not fast either, topping out at a mere 15.5 MPH. They sell it in the EU too but did not adjust settings for the U.S. market. Range is also an issue. Because the battery is small, I only got about 17 miles in my testing (using PAS3/4/5).

And lastly this ebike's sticker price is a whopping $1,999. Even with the discount currently being offered that is a lot of cash to shell out for an ebike that wont get you far and has limited use as a simple beach cruiser.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy