Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Friday, March 29, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect

phpMyEdit Installation     Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect

ferdia     Joined: 05 Oct 2003   Posts: 1  
Post Posted: 2003-10-05 13:05
Back to top  Reply with quote     

After running phpMyEditSetup.php and selecting my tabel which is newsletter in this case. Line 195 of the newsletter.php scripts is as follows:
require_once 'phpMyEdit.class.php';

When i run the newsletter.php that was generated i got the following warnings/errors:

Does anyone know what the problem may be.

newsletter

Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 99 is not allowed to access ./phpMyEdit.class.php owned by uid 614 in ...../phpMyEdit/newsletter.php on line 195

Warning: main(phpMyEdit.class.php): failed to open stream: Success in ...../phpMyEdit/newsletter.php on line 195

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'phpMyEdit.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in ...../phpMyEdit/newsletter.php on line 195

Thanks.[/b]

michal     Joined: 17 Jun 2003   Posts: 537   Location: Slovakia
Post Posted: 2003-10-05 17:02

are both of your files (phpMyEdit.class.php and configuration file) of the same owner ? both of them should be readable/exucutable by user www.

nepto     Joined: 06 Jan 2003   Posts: 381   Location: Phoenix, Arizona (USA)
Post Posted: 2003-12-04 20:36

You calling script was written by webserver, thus its UID/GID are different that your user UID/GID. When calling script wants to access phpMyEdit core class file, PHP SAFE MODE will forbid this.

Try to create your calling script using copy/paste from web browser.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy