Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Friday, March 29, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  new mce_cal extension and subform tabs

phpMyEdit General     new mce_cal extension and subform tabs

phredbroughton     Joined: 07 Mar 2004   Posts: 17  
Post Posted: 2005-06-24 02:08
Back to top  Reply with quote     

Does the new mce_cal extension in CVS fully support TAB/Subform configuratons. I tried substituting it for my PME subform class (I think it's 1.52) that I got several months back from either the CVS or the Bug Traq and the Tabs are there but no data is displayed. Only "foo" I assume from the sqlw line in my config
Example:
$opts['fdd']['cat_users'] = array(
'name' => '',
'tab|VC' => 'User Assignments',
'input' => 'VR',
'options' => 'ADCV',
'sort' => false,
'sql' => '\'foo\''
);
$opts['fdd']['cat_users']['child'] = true;

Is there some syntax change that I need to make to have this work as it did before?
I really want to get both TinyMCE and Tabs working ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Note Added:
Funny how I tend to answer my own questions right after I post things! My "subform" patched class was named phpMyEdit-subform.class.php and the new mce extension was calling the unpatched phpMyEdit.class.php. For the time being I edited the extension to call the patched class and at least all of my tabs appear to be back again. Now we'll see about tinyMCE :-)

ajh     Joined: 17 Dec 2003   Posts: 236  
Post Posted: 2005-06-27 20:05

Design point of mce_cal was to work with tabs - the reason I dropped HTMLarea and moved to TinyMCE was because it was the only editor that worked well with tabs. So if you find a problem with tabs it is a bug and I will fix it.

I've never tried it with sub-forms. It really should work, but as I've never tried it, I would be interested to know myself. It does need the CVS version.

Post Posted: 2005-06-28 18:29

Perhaps I am confusing things. I keep refering to subforms and tabs almost as the same. I have not tried and really don't have the need to get MCE in a subform, but having it work on tabs would be great.
What is the best road map to getting a single solution for Tabs, Subforms, and MCE?
If I take the CVS of the base PME class, apply the BUG 280 patch-subV2 and use this with the MCE-CAL extension, is there any possibility that this would actually work and give me one class for all?
If this would work, I could try MCE in subforms just for the education ;-)
I tried using the CVS PME class with my existing TAB/Subform configs and the TABS show up, but nothing is displayed. Normal fields or subforms and the Tabs themselves appear to have CSS issues as they don't all appear with the same formatting.
applying the subform patch results in errors against the current CVS version. I'm not sure what the actual version of code was that I patched to get subforms working, but I have to keep reverting to this class as I can't seem to put all of the pieces together using the current code versions.
Sorry I'm getting so confused with this. I guess my problem is trying to bring all of the different enhancements together into a working class file. (PS. I also need multiple table joins hack/enhancement found here in the forums!)

Post Posted: 2005-06-29 19:05

I think that it's unlikely to work with the sub-form patch as mce_cal overrides the display functionsfrom the main class. mce_cal should work with tabs as they are in the CVS today. I'm reluctant to apply the mce patches on top of another patch (that way madness lies), but will certainly re-apply once the sub-form patches are in the CVS version of the main class.

The patches are actually fairly minor, so you might want to have a look at whether you can do them yourself. I'm on vacation at the mo, so won't get a chance to get a further look for a couple of weeks.

I'm also considering getting nepto to put them in the main class - but to do that I have to finish the documentation, which I haven't done yet :-(

Let me know if you have any problems with working with tabs (without the subform patch applied).

Post Posted: 2005-06-29 19:48

Thanks for the fast replies. I too am heading out for vacation and unlike you will be staying as far away from computers and email as I can. I plan to spend my time looking at whales,seals and puffins :-)
I'll be back on the 11th of July and will get back to testing then. I'll let you know if I have any problems. I tried briefly to get Xinha and MCE_CAL working, but was only able to get Xinha working stand-alone. This is either because I futzed up the java includes or I'm playing with toooooo many patched and unknown versions of the PME class. I'll try with a clean slate when I return.
Thanks again for your contributions and support to an incredible project and effort!!!

Post Posted: 2005-07-27 05:47

I'm back from vacation and of course burried under a large project. I have had a chance to make a quick try with mce_cal testing only the calendar and it appears to work fine in tabs even with my "patched" subform class although it certainly breaks the subforms. I'm hoping to get a little more bandwith available within the next month. I really need to get tabs, tabbed subforms, tinyMCE and JSCalendar at least cooperating with each other. I can live without TinyMCE and subforms, but the calendar is really needed as I tend to store dates in unix timestamp format and I don't have too many users that can determine these values in their heads ;-)

Post Posted: 2005-07-27 17:37

Where are the subform patches? I'll try and incorporate them into mce_cal.

Post Posted: 2005-07-28 12:11

I've updated the CVS version of mce_cal with the subform patches. You'll still need to patch the main class as well.

NOTE: this is untested, so I'd be grateful if you could test and let me know whether it works.

Thanks

Adam

Post Posted: 2005-07-28 18:53

So far so good. I have used the new MCE_CAL extension with my subform patched PME class and JSCalendar works fine with multiple subforms active. I'm working on setting up TinyMCE now to test it.

You've already made my day :-) !!!!

Post Posted: 2005-07-28 21:16

Adam,
THANK YOU!!!!!
I have both tinyMCE and Calendar working in tabs with subforms using my subform patched class with the latest MCE_CAL extension. Both seem to function well in tabs and all existing subforms are still working.

I'm feeling so good right now I may even go home early ;-) (this means before dark these days).

One question to anyone.
The class I am using is of untold age and is the one I keep hanging on to since it is patched for subforms. Does anyone know or has anyone successfully applied the subform patch to the current CVS code? I'd like to get up to date on everything, but am unclear if the subform patch should/will work on the current CVS version or not. I guess I can just try it, but if anyone has done it yet, I'd love to hear how it went.

Thanks again Adam. I am constantly amazed at what can be accomplished with this class. There are very few things that I haven't been able to accomplish or at least find a workable solution to. And just when I think I may have hit a brick wall, you and the rest of the folks at Platon and in this forum, always come through.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy