Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Thursday, March 28, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  Character sets question...

phpMyEdit General     Character sets question...

AlexiaDeath     Joined: 13 Sep 2005   Posts: 3  
Post Posted: 2005-09-13 07:50
Back to top  Reply with quote     

I have a database with utf8_estonian_ci encoding. if I enter data with language specific characters(ÄÖÕÜ) they appear OK on that table page but in other tables where they are used as values and in phpMyAdmin they apear as garbage. Can you recomend a way around it? Perhaps a way to to preprocess data before its sent to database to replace the special chars with HTML special chars? All pages use UTF8 encoding leaving me at a loss to whats wrong and why the table where they are entered shows them correctly.

Also, who should I mail if i have Estonian translation to provide for phpMyEdit?

Post Posted: 2005-09-13 09:29

never mind the charsets issue. solved that by NOT using UTF8.

michal     Joined: 17 Jun 2003   Posts: 537   Location: Slovakia
Post Posted: 2005-09-14 09:17

create a bug report with category "language translation" and upload your language file there.

encoding is a problem, you have to tell all your applications (like phpMyAdmin or phpMyEdit) to treat it as the same encoding. (and the language file should be in the same encoding as well).

Post Posted: 2005-09-14 11:35

The language file was not an issue. Special chars are translated into html entities thus avoiding charset trouble.

the issue was that tho all pages were treated as UTF8 the page where data was entered and displayed showed it correctly while all other pages displayed crap and when I edited the characters in phpMyAdmin admin they showed up ok everywhere else but as questionmarks there...

Anyway the problem went away when I stoped using UTF8 and went over to latin7.

BTW, uploaded the language file.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy