Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Thursday, April 18, 2024
About Us
Magazine
Open Source
CVS
Services
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  PROS AND CONS OF USING GLUE TRAPS FOR MICE

phpMyEdit General     PROS AND CONS OF USING GLUE TRAPS FOR MICE

upamfva     Joined: 05 May 2021   Posts: 918  
Post Posted: 2022-11-21 05:07
Back to top  Reply with quote     

PROS AND CONS OF USING GLUE TRAPS FOR MICE

Customers often ask us about the use of glue traps, also known as sticky traps, for mice. A glue trap is a small cardboard or plastic tray with a very sticky surface that catches and holds mice that touch the glue. Just like the alternative snap traps, glue traps have certain advantages and disadvantages.To get more news about Mice sticky paper , you can visit senpinghz.com official website.
I’d warned my roommates about glue traps. I had already spent an evening in a previous apartment crying on my couch, repeating “I’m so sorry,” to the baby mouse squeaking from a trap under the microwave stand. My roommate had been the hero. He’d come home, dropped a towel over the little guy, and bopped it with the butt of the fire extinguisher.
None of the three of us had the guts to do that Monday night, and leaving it to starve to death or freeze outside was way too cruel. (This is why you don’t use glue traps.) We had to set it free or kill it trying.
The creepiest part. You have to move the whole trap into a container. My roommate sacrificed a big Tupperware that she’d once used to store homemade cookies. You can scoop up the trap with a dustpan, or just break down and grab it by a corner, and drop it in.
Drizzle the base of the trap with oil. We used Trader Joe’s extra virgin. (It’s so versatile!) Cover the whole base so it doesn’t get re-stuck, but DON’T DROWN THE MOUSE. We were terrified we were about to watch it suffocate in the slimy liquid. Just a tablespoon or two should do it. It spreads.
Cover the container. Monitor progress. Add oil as needed.
Once it’s off the trap, release the greased-up mouse outside. It may or may not survive. It may or may not immediately turn around and come back inside. But you don’t have to kill it yourself or watch it suffer, and that’s the kind of denial that’ll get you through the ordeal.
REASONS WHY GLUE TRAPS ARE A GOOD IDEA
Glue traps are nontoxic, no poison baits involved
Glue traps are cheaper than snap traps, but unlike snap traps are only good for one use (or one mouse)
Glue traps (like snap traps) hold the dead mouse so there are no worries about mice dying and smelling in hidden places
You can easily dispose of the dead mouse and trap together, just wrap them and put them in the garbage
You don’t have to clean and re-set and re-bait glue traps
You can usually cut or fold the traps to fit into tight places
REASONS WHY YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO USE GLUE TRAPS
Mice don’t usually die quickly or quietly, but struggle and suffocate
Trapped and dead mice are usually very visible on a glue trap (but you can place the trap inside a covered station)
Children and pets can get stuck on glue traps (but see solution blog below)
Glue traps won’t work as well in temperatures extremes, direct sunlight, or in dusty or dirty areas
If the idea of trapping mice isn’t your cup of tea, give Colonial Pest a call. We can set up a mouse management program for you, giving you several control options with guaranteed results.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Application form
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Terms of use · Privacy policy